4th Annual Kennan Garvey Memorial Ride
~A Sizzling Suburban Century~
Saturday, August 5th, 2017 (7am-4pm)
Join us for the 4th Annual Kennan Garvey Memorial Ride – a “Sizzling Suburban Century” benefiting Phoenix Bikes’ Capital Campaign for our new space! The course is open to all ages and experience levels, and extends out and back along the entire length of the Washington & Old Dominion Trail (with shorter 15-, 40-, 60- & 90-mile options). The entry fee is $25, with a minimum fundraising amount of $100 (suggested fundraising goal of $500 per rider). Registered Phoenix Bikes youth receive complimentary ride entry. All riders and volunteers will receive a FREE shirt and boxed lunch (pre-registered riders only – pre-registration closes at noon on July 29). PLUS, all those who meet or exceed the $500 fundraising goal will receive special fundraising incentive prize!
- To register as a rider: www.bikereg.com/KGMR2017 (online, pre-registration closes at noon on July 29; walk-up registration on event day will be accepted but riders will not be guaranteed a box lunch or t-shirt and must turn in fundraising minimum of $100 at that time)
- To join the “KGMR2017 Team” and set up your fundraising page: www.crowdrise.com/KGMR2017 (select the “Fundraise for this Campaign” button)
- To sponsor a rider/donate to the ride: www.crowdrise.com/KGMR2017 (select rider’s fundraising page under “The Team”)
- To volunteer: view our online sign up HERE
Course Overview (GPS route links coming soon!):
- 15-mile course: out and back along W&OD Trail from Phoenix Bikes to Bikenetic (Falls Church)
- 40-mile course: out and back along W&OD Trail from Phoenix Bikes to Green Lizard Cycling (Herndon)
- 60-mile course: out and back along W&OD Trail from Phoenix Bikes to Spokes, etc. (Leesburg)
- 90-mile course: out and back along W&OD Trail from Phoenix Bikes to Bicycles & Coffee (Purcellville)
- 100-mile course: out and back along W&OD Trail from Phoenix Bikes to Bicycles & Coffee (Purcellville), plus portions of Arlington Loop (Custis, Mount Vernon & Four Mile Run Trails)
Since 2011, Phoenix Bikes has been raising money to build a new facility. That’s right! We’ll be moving out of the 630 square foot re-purposed concession stand THIS YEAR into a proper space at Arlington Mill Community Center where we will be able to combine space for teaching and working on bikes with storage and work areas to make a community bicycle space that will be one of the best in the Nation. We are finally at a point where the new building site is within reach and as a result, we are ramping up our fundraising efforts to make it a reality. So take part in the ride this year – as a rider, by sponsoring a rider, or by volunteering – and help make every mile count! Thanks in advance for your support of Phoenix Bikes and contributing to the Kennan Garvey Memorial Fund.
New to or nervous about fundraising? Check out our handy Fundraising Tip Sheet!
This space for Phoenix Bikes has been a great home for over 10 years, but we’ve long outgrown the space and it’s time for a new home. Help us build the community bike shop and program space that the community of Arlington deserves by registering for the 4th Annual Kennan Garvey Memorial Ride today!