Phoenix Bikes is proud to have established its first ever cycling team in September 2015. The team is comprised of enthusiastic youth mechanics with a goal to take their cycling skills to the next level, competing in a variety of disciplines, including: cyclocross, road racing, and mountain biking.
All fees associated with team membership are covered by Phoenix Bikes and our generous community supporters, including Bikenetic, BikeArlington, and Chrome Industries (DC Hub). The following are the eligibility criteria and expectations of Team Phoenix members.
To be eligible for Team Phoenix*:
- Be a junior racer (not have turned 19 years of age by December 31 of the current year);
- Successfully complete, at a minimum, the Phoenix Bikes Earn-a-Bike program;
- Participate in/commit to, at a minimum, 5 Saturday youth rides with Phoenix Bikes in the current year;
- Be able to ride 35 miles continuously/without stopping for breaks;
- Attend at least 75% of scheduled team clinics;
- Commit to at least 5 of the 7 selected team races for the current season.
*Eligibility criteria will be reviewed at the beginning of each racing season to consider new members and to review/renew the commitment of current members.
Expectations of Team Phoenix members:
- Put forth your best effort in all training and race events.
- Show good sportsmanship to fellow team members and other racers.
- Act as an ambassador for Phoenix Bikes and a good role model to other Phoenix Bikes youth.
- Have fun.
Team Phoenix Roster (2017 CX SEASON):
- Noe (Captain)
VIEW OUR TEAM PHOENIX PHOTO GALLERY HERE!
Interested in supporting Team Phoenix? Contact email@example.com. We are in need of funding for race registrations, racing gear and equipment for team members, snacks, and more.
Team Phoenix appreciates the generous support of our team sponsors: